August 18, 2009

Test of English as a Foreign Language

I took the TOEFL test on August 2. I knew I could always score higher than 115 out of 120, but I really did not anticipate a 120, even after the test. I always thought a full mark required quite some good luck, which was not something I was good at obtaining.

 

But anyway, here I am with a score report of a thirty in each of the four sections. Friends congratulate for my success and I thank them.

 

Some asked me what materials I used during the preparation. Well, I think any comprehensive preparatory course would suffice but I used the Official Guide (also available in a Chinese version) and Delta's Key to the Next Generation TOEFL Test (here for Chinese version). Also I have to point out that the information available on ETS' website is most important. Adequately understand the format and structure of the test and do one practice test each day for a few days before the test. The TPO also proved to be helpful.

 

Above all, the most crucial, and pardon me to repeat what many have said, is to use the language; otherwise what's the point of learning it?


No comments:

Post a Comment